Track Learning Goals
From Designing and Using Curriculum Resources
· What are the best tools for learning style differences while at the same time appreciating diversity?
· To be able to discern the most effective curricular materials for different situations.
· To become aware of the different curricula materials offered.
Christian Formation Through Worship: What help do congregations need?
Christian Education in Institutional or Camp Settings
Faith Formation and Households
Bridging the gap between church and home.
Faith Formation and Preaching
For Those who Teach Others to Teach
The goal of our track is to create dialogue addressing the following areas:
Gathering Hospitality and Discernment of Gifts
1. Learn how to create an environment of hospitality in a congregational setting, a place of welcome and acceptance for people who come with their own spiritual journeys and who can then teach us/tell us.
3. Parishes are often good at welcoming the newcomer, but we are often not good about helping the newcomer discover her/his gifts that the community needs and thus move closer to assimilation.
4. I want to get from TLA1 a surge of energy that I can take back to my parish and diocese-to find ways to let the world know of our spiritual journey-to include the children and youth of our church in active participation in a spiritual journey.
Talking Faith Across the Boundaries
1. How do we talk about, honor, articulate “private” faith in public contexts such as work, school, civic associations.
2. How do we build bridges across faith boundaries?
3. How do we find courage and clarity and compassion as we construct and articulate our faith?
Leadership Development of Teachers of Adults
1. Begin to identify what I need.
2. Begin to identify what the people of God need.
3. Determine how we will individually and collectively meet these needs.
Bishops in Christian Education and Formation
1. Our groups will have opportunity to grow in “Will Our Faith Have Children” and to take back new visions and energy to take back new growths, understandings, plans.
2. That our church finds new and creative ways to reach young people – their pain, issues – ministry to them.
3. Hope that people “get it” – Christian Formation really!!
Learning Goals for Youth Ministry
1. How do we engage families and congregations in faith formation of youth?
2. Renewal of our commitment to youth ministry by a communal process of discernment and affirmation.
3. To make worship more meaningful and programming more relevant and ministry more authentic for young people.
“Word Made Flesh” (Storytelling Track)
7. Knowing your audience.